Very necessary for us in managing our team.'
Learning to communicate more effectively
Effective communication becomes challenging when the environment isn’t easy to converse in or the other party is not open to listening. Learning practical tools to assist in communicating as effectively as possible is a must for success in the workplace. Looking at ‘how’ we communicate effectively given the’ type of day we’re having’, the distractions we allow, the meetings that are challenging and the types of people we need to communicate with, all form a part of what we need to consider in ensuring clear communication is occurring.
DST people Communication skills programs introduce a number of techniques that better equip participants with skills in interpersonal communication, communication over the phone and via e-mail, communication with text and social media, and communicating with people with difficult behaviour styles.
DST people Communication skills provides:
- An awareness of the results of effective communication for the individual, team & organisation.
- Tools to assess current methods of communication in the workplace.
- Skills in practical communication and the use of body language, telephone communication, email, text & the use of voice.
- Tools to identify barriers to effective communication and techniques to overcome them.
- An understanding of the importance of “active listening” and effective listening skills.
- An insight into how we can promote effective written messages, decreasing risk of misunderstanding in written communication.
How does DST people Communication Skills training work?
Step 1. Review current business communication issues and challenges.
Step 2. Understand staff perceptions of communication within their workplace and communication effectiveness.
Step 3. Workshop communication skills fundamentals, including the assessment of current methods of communication and gaining skills in practical communication tools.
Step 4. Advanced communication skills workshop option.
Step 5. Extension workshop option to meet specific communication needs, designing no negotiable communication protocols and behaviours to promote internal and external excellence.
Step 6. Application of appropriate tools to increase communication effectiveness successfully.
Step 7. Review and recommendations for further communication development considerations.