In our Growth Mindset workshop, employees uncover the mindset that guides their attitudes and behaviour. They understand how it works and go on to create an action plan to change and develop what they identify as needed, setting them on a path to reaching their potential. Managers will come away with an understanding that each individual has potential (some demonstrated and some unrealised) and that personal achievements and business success is not based on the fixed prior ability of themselves or their teams, but on purposeful engagement within a valued growth mindset culture. Leaders will understand how powerful their own mindset is in influencing and developing successful teams.
When we teach a growth mindset, with focus on development, ideas about challenge and effort naturally follow. We answer common questions like:
- Does effort make you smart and talented? Or does “blood, sweat and tears” effort prove that you’ve in fact found your reason for defeat?
- What is the most effective way for managers to create optimal motivation and teamwork?
- Can fixed mindsets be identified and changed to growth mindsets?
- Should we be recognising star employees and rewarding brilliant project outcomes?
- Are you immersed in a culture of genius or a culture of development?
Businesses stand to achieve a lot by empowering their employees to be able to answer this question. Deepen your understanding of growth & fixed mindset concepts and discover ways to change the way you think, work and interact with others.
Enjoy this sneak peak into our Growth Mindset workshop with our expert facilitator and qualified teacher Kaylene Ball, giving some insight into Carol Dweck’s findings on effort, praise and reward to answer this commonly asked question.
- Decision making – who in your team is a ‘reflector’ or a ‘decider’?
- Implementation – who prefers ‘understanding’ before ‘acting’ and vice versa?
- Generating ideas – where do you sit on the continuum of ‘practicalities’ vs ‘possibilites’?
- Evaluation – do you prefer a ‘revolution’, or do you prefer to ‘evolutionise’?
- Emotionality – what affect do ‘tension’ and ‘apprehension’ have on the way you work and interact with your team?
These vital team elements are explored in our Team Development workshops in detail and revisited in our Growth Mindset workplace training to explore the continuum of growth and fixed mindset behaviours. This foundation further enables the identification of unrealised potential through growth mindset practices.
Learning outcomes businesses can expect to benefit from after engaging in our Growth Mindset workplace training are:
- Understanding fixed and growth mindset concepts and of the continuum in between
- Understanding fixed and growth mindset beliefs, approaches and behaviours and how to manage them
- Understanding what happens in our brain to contribute to growth and fixed mindsets and managing the effects
- Identify personally used mindset beliefs and behaviours and develop an action plan to utilise what we find
- Understand the importance of beliefs and focus in contributing to the key characteristics of effort, challenge, mistakes and feedback
- Identify ways to develop and manage the continuum of growth and fixed mindset behaviours in positive and effective ways
- Gather and develop individual tips and ideas on dealing with inevitable challenges in developing growth mindset behaviours